Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zach123

Roku Express not working with Samsung TV

I have a Roku express that had setup on another TV and it worked fine.  I moved it to an older Samsung display and it doesn’t show up as an option as far as source goes.  The Samsung did not have an HDMI port so I had to get a hdmi to usb 3.0 adaptor.  The Samsung model number is UN55JU7500

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express not working with Samsung TV

Hi @Zach123,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We would be delighted to assist you further with your concern about the Roku device since it was not working on your Samsung TV. A TV might not be fully compatible with a Roku device, primarily if it lacks an HDMI port, the standard connection method for modern streaming devices like Roku.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Zach123 I may be wrong but I thought that model Samsung had the one connect mini box that when connected to the TV provided 4 HDMI inputs.  Do you have the one connect mini box?

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

First, I’ll bet your bought a USB to HDMI, not an HDMI to USB. The latter would typically be called a video capture device and won’t work on a TV anyway.

Second, the page I googled up for the Samsung says 4 HDMI 2.0 ports.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.