Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 3800x now always powers up in Recovery mode (light Purple Screen)

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting regarding your Roku device powering up in Recovery Mode after updating to the latest OS 12.0.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
z-bob
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I posted the requested information and my message was immediately deleted.  Trying a test msg before I type all that in again.

0 Kudos
z-bob
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  Did you get my previous message with the info requested before it was deleted?  That's happened twice now. 😠

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @z-bob 

Thanks for the follow up.

It doesn't look like your post with your information was posted on the Roku Community.

When posting in the Roku Community, it's important to make sure you are logged into the Roku Community prior to posting a message as sometimes when you need to re-authenticate your Roku Community credentials, your post may disappear.

We look forward to your response with your Roku device information.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
z-bob
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It was posted; I saw it.  Somebody quickly deleted it.  (twice)  Probably some kind of automated moderation that decided there was personal information in there (the serial number.)  I will not post it here a third time.  If you PM me an email address I will send it to you that way.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @z-bob 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please feel free to send me a PM (private message) with your details. 

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kieth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They want me to send them mine so they can see for themselves what is going on with it and find a fix for it 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Kieth 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
z-bob
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I received an email today from Roku regarding the info I sent it; they say my device is obviously defective, and even though it is out of warranty they will replace it anyway just this once.  I'm supposed to send it in for replacement.  And they closed the ticket.  

Since they closed the ticket, that means nobody is investigating anything, right?  I'm not sending in the device because I assume I'd never see it again nor a replacement unit.

0 Kudos
DCarbajal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R

I received an email. They mentioned the device possibly being defective and offered to replace it (one time deal since it's out of warranty). However, they pushed through another device update last week and since then it has been working correctly. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.