Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red_Tardis
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 3800x now always powers up in Recovery mode (light Purple Screen)

Jump to solution

I using the Roku Plug and I checked the cable and plug and they work. I also tried the power supply from other Roku Stick I own and still no lighting up or starting up. I pretty sure it's dead.  I tried reset button too.   Since it's dead and I email support. and was stated it's out of warranty.  I'm assuming it's not the new firmware issue since I didn't get a response from support if it could be the firmware or not.  I guess there is no reviving a dead Roku stick if it was a firmware is the issue?  I'm current researching for a replacement media box/stick for my one tv.   Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Any root cause of this issue yet?  I see the asking of the device power methods, though I would think it would fall on a bad or corrupt software upgrade. 

Anyways, I'm still curious to why this happened in the first place.  

0 Kudos
Red_Tardis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Received an email from Roku Support "Please to be informed that this issue was not based on the software update." 

"Upon checking the serial number of the device, I see that the warranty of the device was expired.
I am sorry for the disappointment."

So I guess it's just dead now.  I trying the Onn Google Tv box my daughter bought me for Father's Day to replace the dead 3800x to see how that fares, just in case my other Roku Sticks go into recovery mode.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.