Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VideoCzar
Reel Rookie

Roku 2 no longer works/displays

Jump to solution

Howdy,

I recently relocated my older (10 yrs?) Roku 2 to another room. A spare room in my home that has no climate control, cold in mid winter (not freezing) and warm in summer. When I set it up the devise, worked fine, using it only on occasion. After about 6 months or so I notice it will not display anything. It shows the power light. I tried other HDMI inputs and connecting to another TV with same bad results.

My question is, do these Roku devices go bad? I see little to nothing on the web stating one way of another?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Peace, and Merry Christmas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 2 no longer works/displays

Jump to solution

Hi @VideoCzar,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. When properly maintained, Roku devices can last a long time. However, you'll have to check if the device's software version is still updated and supported. In the meantime, check out this support article on what to do if your Roku streaming player does not power on.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @VideoCzar,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. When properly maintained, Roku devices can last a long time. However, you'll have to check if the device's software version is still updated and supported. In the meantime, check out this support article on what to do if your Roku streaming player does not power on.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VideoCzar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Eunice,

But that link does not work. As I mentioned, my unit powers on, jut no display at all on TV. Tried another TV as well with no luck. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, @VideoCzar!

This device seems a little bit older, but this is still supported. However, in your case, this is probably on the way out. We would recommend a new device, or you can visit your available offer here at roku.com/offer.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.