Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richwales
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar model 9102X - need power cable and adapter as dog chewed both

Hi.  Can @rstillwell (who posted the original question) confirm that the recommended power adapter from Amazon did, or did not, resolve the problem here?  The original power adapter for my Streambar was misplaced in a recent move, and I tried to get assistance via a Roku support chat, but I was not confident that the support person fully understood my question or provided me with an accurate answer.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar model 9102X - need power cable and adapter as dog chewed both

Hi @richwales,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you sharing this information with us. For the time being, we currently do not have available power adapter and cable replacement for the Roku Streambar. However, there are third-party retailers that have available power adapters and cables that are compatible with the Roku Streambar.

We hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
richwales
Reel Rookie

But it's not possible to buy an adapter from a third-party retailer without knowing the required specifications.

Your web site shows the AC input specs (100-240V, 50-60 Hz AC, 1A) — but it doesn't say what the DC output should be.  There are several different possibilities (5V? 9V? 12V? something else?), but if I use an adapter whose DC output is too low, the Streambar won't work, and if I use an adapter whose DC output is too high, I risk ruining the Streambar.

Anyone who has a working Streambar should be able to tell the DC output of the adapter by looking at the fine print on the adapter — posting a photo of the writing on the adapter would suffice.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @richwales,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be advised that an adapter with a standard USB connector is needed for your Roku Streambar or soundbar.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@richwales-

I've been unable to locate the info you are seeking re Streambar power supplies.  I don't have a Streambar, but from the pictures I've been able to locate, the power connection uses a cable with a barrel connector, rather than a standard USB cable.  That typically means a self contained power supply "brick", other than a ubiquitous 5v 1 amp USB power converter (called a PW10 by Roku).

A while ago somebody put together a post detailing the power supplies needed by various Roku models (https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/Roku-Power-Supply-Guide/td-p/649284).  Unfortunately it hasn't been updated in some time, and doesn't list Streambars.  But for the fairly recent Rokus listed (Ultras, etc.) that don't just take a simple PW10 5vdc 1 amp converter, all use the Roku PW11 power supply, 12VDC-1.5A, 4.75mm x 1.7mm barrel connector.  I'd say the odds are good they used that for the Streambar too, but can't verify it.  The PW11 is available from Roku here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-power-adaptor-ultra

This power supply on Amazon claims to be a replacement for the 9102X:
https://www.amazon.com/Listed-OMNIHIL-Adapter-Compatible-Streambar/dp/B08X1RXFWS
Unfortunately, it does not list output parameters, and they have obscured this data on the photo showing the adapter label.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos