Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joemuniz

Re: Roku Premiere Overheating

Jump to solution

Serial number#jf528s507972 

I've had my roku premiere almost a year and.had no problems with it. I was watching a show and it showed a warning that my device is overheating, but it's still working. I have the USB cable connected to the TV to power it. Should I use the adapter that came with it instead?? Please elaborate. Thank you. 

Also should I be concerned with this issue??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joemuniz,

We're happy to have you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an overheating issue with your device. We'll do our best to assist.

Could you provide us with a photo of the overheating error message you've been receiving? Also, may we know where your device is located? Was it placed at the back of the TV? The heat that the TV emits might affect the device as well, so we recommend placing it in front of or above the TV. Utilizing the adapter would also help with this concern, so we'll suggest you use it as well.

Please give us an update if the issue persists.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joemuniz,

We're happy to have you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an overheating issue with your device. We'll do our best to assist.

Could you provide us with a photo of the overheating error message you've been receiving? Also, may we know where your device is located? Was it placed at the back of the TV? The heat that the TV emits might affect the device as well, so we recommend placing it in front of or above the TV. Utilizing the adapter would also help with this concern, so we'll suggest you use it as well.

Please give us an update if the issue persists.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos