Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
run4fun
Channel Surfer

ROKU ULTRA will not work on component connection on a 4K tv

I have ROKU ULTRA 4K ,with a Samsung 4K TV,  My inputs for cables are not communicating with TV, HDCP problems, so I wanted to just use My Roku to my component inputs.  Using a HDMI converter to Component cables. When I do this, the TV comes up, Resolution too high, lower resolution, How can I do this or will this work.  I can not view the ROKU settings screen, so I went and took it to another television using the regular HDMI cables and changed the resolution to 1080P, brought back to my other television, and still not work.When I connect back to my Ultra 4K, is this unit changing the video back to 4k? Since it is in a 4K tv???  Anyway I get my Component to work, using a HDMI converter?

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU ULTRA will not work on component connection on a 4K tv

Did you try 720p?  I don't now what the maximum resolution for component connections is, but you're certainly not going to get 4k and probably not 1080p.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos