Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
labna

ROKU CHANNEL DOES NOT WORK IN MEXICO

Jump to solution

Hi, saw the post on this subject and did all recommendations, 

symptoms live channel: start the circle of waiting (anticlockwise circle) and stays there,

shows: either ask me to play again or seems to start and just show the label picture on the right of the show, no sound or video, search works and saved to my list

I did the remove Roku channel, restart the device, install the Roku channel , same behavior

factory reset of TCL TV , new Roku account, restart same behavior, all other applications works fine on tv

tcl model 50S453, serial number X01200YMGWDG, SOFTWARE 13.1.4 BUILD 512CG

DEVICE ID S0JR943MGWDG

IP ADD 192.168.1.109 CONNECTED WIRED NOT WIFI

please advise of any other ideas

best regards - Oscar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU CHANNEL DOES NOT WORK IN MEXICO

Jump to solution

Hi @labna,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku streaming device?

Hope you'll find this info useful. Please keep us posted.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU CHANNEL DOES NOT WORK IN MEXICO

Jump to solution

Hi @labna,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku streaming device?

Hope you'll find this info useful. Please keep us posted.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.