Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Not getting activation email

@not-jed

Thanks for the post.

If you need further assistance with activating your Roku device through email, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
not-jed
Reel Rookie

Problem Resolved.  I had been unsuccessful again on Tuesday (I've now waited almost 20-hours; and no response from Roku Activation).  Instead; I used the advice of a previous 'community' post from last year.  I changed my Roku e-mail address to my @Gmail account.  When I went through the activation process, I immediately received an activation e-mail and was able to proceed with no further problems.  Maybe "RokuDanny-R" can convince the powers to be that they should look specifically at the 'Activation' process for an unlinked distribution process for activation messages that are sent to ' non-standard' e-mail servers like 'charter.net'.  Based upon the Roku activation process, they have several 'favorite' e-mail servers listed.  BUT if you select the '@' only symbol for your address, then hand enter one that is not listed; maybe this is where the process fails.

My suggestion; ensure your e-mail is on an e-mail server listed in the activation list.  I changed mine to my 'gmail' account; then after activation set it back to 'charter.net'.

0 Kudos
Timpsk

I had the same issue, try re-entering your email address on the tv, but this time type out the entire thing manually and don’t click on any of the suggested email domains that appear in the pop up box (@gmail.com, @yahoo.com etc.), it worked like a charm for me.

0 Kudos
wyocarol

Activation Setup Won't Send Email

I've had my Hisense Roku TV 9/15/2020. No problems Yesterday suddenly it wouldn't work. after about an hour of checking connections and such (my older stand alone Roku is still workiing ok) I decided to do a factory reset. Typed in my email and clicked the send button. Since then no matter what email I give it it still will not send. I've searched for a phone number option but haven't found anything on that. Now I've done 6 factory resets both thru the remote and the actual button on the back. Yes it's connected to my internet cause it's showing on the tv that it is. Just won't send that email. I saw some stuff on checkiing the smtp settings. I "know" what those are but not real sure how to if need be to change any of it. Like others on here could I get some help to resolve the issue. I've use gmail, Yahoo and hotmail accounts. Thanks for great service other then this one issue. wyocarol

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Activation Setup Won't Send Email

If it was me I'd check my "junk" or "spam" folder. might be there. Wild guess on my part

0 Kudos
wyocarol

Thanks for your reply but, I have checked that on all 3 different email accounts I have and no spam 😞

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@wyocarol wrote:

... I've use gmail, Yahoo and hotmail accounts. Thanks for great service other then this one issue.

First, for now, ignore any email account that isn't your current Roku account. Just put those aside for now.

Go to https://my.roku.com and log in.

Scroll all the way to the bottom. Do you see your Roku TV device listed? If so, unlink it and try the process again. Use only your current active Roku account's email address.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @wyocarol,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shasha

Can u help me. I cant receive activation email

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Shasha

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend performing a factory reset on the affected device then try linking your existing Roku account once again.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. 
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device

If still no dice, reply here with the device ID of the Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos