Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattcmo

Need help roku box not working in new country

Jump to solution

I recently moved to peru.   I brought my roku box but when I plug it in  the white light flashes. And doesn't cast anything to the TV.    I can't get to any menu screen or nothing.  Pitch black screen and white flashing light.   I'm thinking because the hydro maybe ??  Any ideas ?¿

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need help roku box not working in new country

Jump to solution

First, Peru is a supported country by Roku, so that part is good. 

Next, you didn't say what country you moved from. I don't know what power is used in Peru, but is it possible you've moved from a 120v to 240v power infrastructure? It's possible the power supply you are using isn't correct for your new location (compared to where you came from). 

Be aware that your Roku user account was likely created in your old country, and now being in Peru you might not have access to the same services you used to have, and you might not have access to any new Peru specific apps. If that's the case, you will need to create a new Roku user account based in Peru and perform a factory reset on your Roku player to link it to the new account. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need help roku box not working in new country

Jump to solution

First, Peru is a supported country by Roku, so that part is good. 

Next, you didn't say what country you moved from. I don't know what power is used in Peru, but is it possible you've moved from a 120v to 240v power infrastructure? It's possible the power supply you are using isn't correct for your new location (compared to where you came from). 

Be aware that your Roku user account was likely created in your old country, and now being in Peru you might not have access to the same services you used to have, and you might not have access to any new Peru specific apps. If that's the case, you will need to create a new Roku user account based in Peru and perform a factory reset on your Roku player to link it to the new account. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.