Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Just want to put Roku on my computer

Jump to solution

Why "of course"? I can go to hulu.com, disneyplus.com, netflix.com, hbo.com, amazon.com/videos and they all work.

I CAN stream all my channels on my computer. Just not from any sort of Roku app or interface apparently.

0 Kudos
edro99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
+1 yep. it's pretty silly how difficult it is. i don't want to use an app. not gonna watch on a cell phone. tv is in the living room. just want to watch on my windows 10 laptop -- and watch all the same channels that are on the living room roku tv. but i can't do that. really don't want to keep switching from roku to a browser to watch hallmark movies now. i can do that, but want to stay in roku. stinks.
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can try a video capture adapter to convert HDMI to USB and plug a Roku into it.

nogoats

Re: Just want to put Roku on my computer/ sammmmmmeeeee

Jump to solution

this is a lil nuts i cant even test out this service on my pc first

pmagarelli

Jump to solution

i need roku help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@pmagarelli 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
STrider
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info, andyross. The concept occurred to me after searching for a solution without success. Did this setup work for you? I have an HDMI female-in VGI male-out converter coming by pony express and am anxious to try it.

RB

0 Kudos
10sing
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"For more information about how to watch 'The Roku Channel' on your computer, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?"

This page does not explain how to watch the Roku Channel on your computer.

If you really know how to do this please describe it here.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Um...

"Where can I watch The Roku Channel?

The Roku Channel is available on your current generation Roku streaming player, Roku Streaming Stick®, and Roku TV. You can also add it to a compatible Samsung Smart TV, compatible Amazon Fire TV device, or access it from The Roku Channel mobile app and Roku mobile app (both for iOS and Android), or online from your smartphone, tablet, or computer at: TheRokuChannel.com."

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
10sing
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So you are saying that I can't just watch Roku content on my computer. Except you didn't actually say that. You deflected by listing devices which can be used to watch Roku content. Your list did not contain a personal computer. I must infer that your answer to my question is that it can't be done. If that is the case I will probably cancel my Roku account.