Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zedzedzedzed
Reel Rookie

Internet great, streaming suddenly completely broken

We have the exact same issue as many others with our Roku Express which worked perfectly for a year, and now has stopped functioning, despite our internet connection being great we cannot load any actual content or play it.

Have unplugged and restarted everything (router, Roku, apps) many times, have uninstalled Roku/apps/updated and reinstalled it all and also reset network and reinstalled that again.

WiFi and wired signals are excellent and all non-Roku tvs are working perfectly.

HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Internet great, streaming suddenly completely broken

Hello @zedzedzedzed,

We understand that your Roku Express is having issues while streaming, and we want to help resolve this issue.

It would be helpful if you could share more details with us so that we can better assist you. Can you please describe the issues you encounter when streaming? Also, if possible, could you let us know when these issues started and whether any error codes are displayed during streaming?

Your valuable input will guide us in providing the assistance you need.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zedzedzedzed
Reel Rookie

I’ve described my issue fully in my post and what steps I’ve tried. No error codes.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @zedzedzedzed

We would greatly appreciate your help in further investigating this matter. Could you provide the following information so that we can properly escalate this issue to the appropriate team?

• Name of the specific Channel/App that is experiencing this issue.
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

We kindly await your response and appreciate your cooperation in providing us with your information.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.