Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
japzbene1562
Reel Rookie

I would like to know am I going to have to resign in order to access all of my subscriptions?

Jump to solution

So I've been having so many issues with my stick over heating that I've been forced to purchase a new Roku device ordered through Roku and am waiting on it to be delivered, in the hopes that this new one "I ordered the Roku Ultra 4802"

I would like to know am I going to have to resign in order to access all of my subscriptions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I would like to know am I going to have to resign in order to access all of my subscriptions?

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community, @japzbene1562!

In this instance, you must link your Roku account to your new Roku Ultra. After adding your preferred apps/channels to your channel lineup, you have to resign into your subscriptions to be able to access them. Your paid subscriptions will remain the same.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I would like to know am I going to have to resign in order to access all of my subscriptions?

Jump to solution

To clarify:

As part of the set up process for your new Roku, you can either create a new Roku account for it, or you can link it to your existing account.   In nearly all cases, it is best to link to your existing account.  By doing this:

• All your channel apps are tied to this existing account.  All Rokus linked to this same account will automatically get the same list of channel apps.  Add/remove on one, you add/remove on all.
  • Any choices and settings you've made in your Roku account (PIN number, payment method, etc.) will apply.
  • Premium subscriptions you have made THROUGH ROKU will apply.

What won't automatically apply:

• Premium subscriptions you have directly with the channel provider will not know about your new Roku.  You'll have get them authorized on the new Roku.
  • Channels you receive by authenticating with a "tv provider" (cable, satellite, etc.) subscription that carries them will generally need to be authenticated on the new Roku.
  • Order of channels in the Roku home page channel grid.  Channels are synchronized over the Roku account, channel order is not.
  • Device-specific Roku settings (closed caption, etc.) are set on each individual unit.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community, @japzbene1562!

In this instance, you must link your Roku account to your new Roku Ultra. After adding your preferred apps/channels to your channel lineup, you have to resign into your subscriptions to be able to access them. Your paid subscriptions will remain the same.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

To clarify:

As part of the set up process for your new Roku, you can either create a new Roku account for it, or you can link it to your existing account.   In nearly all cases, it is best to link to your existing account.  By doing this:

• All your channel apps are tied to this existing account.  All Rokus linked to this same account will automatically get the same list of channel apps.  Add/remove on one, you add/remove on all.
  • Any choices and settings you've made in your Roku account (PIN number, payment method, etc.) will apply.
  • Premium subscriptions you have made THROUGH ROKU will apply.

What won't automatically apply:

• Premium subscriptions you have directly with the channel provider will not know about your new Roku.  You'll have get them authorized on the new Roku.
  • Channels you receive by authenticating with a "tv provider" (cable, satellite, etc.) subscription that carries them will generally need to be authenticated on the new Roku.
  • Order of channels in the Roku home page channel grid.  Channels are synchronized over the Roku account, channel order is not.
  • Device-specific Roku settings (closed caption, etc.) are set on each individual unit.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.