Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to Reset my PIN but when I do I still get an INVALID PIN error.

Jump to solution

I have a new ROKU 4K Sound bar and voiceless remote purchased in September 2023, but I just set it up.  Now when I attempt to add streaming channels like PlutoTV, I cannot because I am getting an "Invalid PIN" error. I have reset my PIN but I am STILL getting an INVALID PIN error.  This is annoying as **bleep**.  What am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I want to Reset my PIN but when I do I still get an INVALID PIN error.

Jump to solution

Hi @Swim2010092024,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I get that you are having trouble adding PlutoTV to your Roku 4K Soundbar due to an invalid PIN error. Don't worry, I am more than willing to assist you with this.

I highly suggest you to follow the details below:

Check the email address link to your Roku 4k Soundbar.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll down and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select About. (Under System information, you will see what Roku account or email address is linked to the device.)

If you do not see the email address associated with your Roku account, that would be the reason why you are getting an error message "Invalid PIN."

For reference, you can visit our Roku Support article: How to create, reset, or remove your Roku PIN

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I want to Reset my PIN but when I do I still get an INVALID PIN error.

Jump to solution

Hi @Swim2010092024,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I get that you are having trouble adding PlutoTV to your Roku 4K Soundbar due to an invalid PIN error. Don't worry, I am more than willing to assist you with this.

I highly suggest you to follow the details below:

Check the email address link to your Roku 4k Soundbar.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll down and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select About. (Under System information, you will see what Roku account or email address is linked to the device.)

If you do not see the email address associated with your Roku account, that would be the reason why you are getting an error message "Invalid PIN."

For reference, you can visit our Roku Support article: How to create, reset, or remove your Roku PIN

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.