Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kissalive1

I can't activate my Roku device

Jump to solution

How do I get my roku up and running

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I can't activate my Roku device

Jump to solution

Hello! @Kissalive1,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about activating your Roku device. We're pleased to assist. 

• What Roku device are you using right now?

To activate your Roku streaming player or Roku TV system, you must link it to a Roku account. An activation link will be sent to the email address you provide or the link can be accessed via a QR code.

For more detailed information about activating a Roku device, visit our support page here: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Damartin,

Welcome to the wonderful Roku Community!

We understand your frustration with activating your Roku device and the error code 14.30. We're here to help you through this.

What Roku device are you using right now?

Error codes 0091414.1014.1114.3014.5014.62, and 14.64 mean that your streaming device is unable to connect to the internet. Try the tips in the How to Fix Common Network Issues section to fix these connectivity errors.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @simonbh1,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about activating your Roku device. We're pleased to assist.

How to fix activation issues

Refer to the sections below for help fixing activation problems.

My activation link doesn't work.

Remember that the Roku activation link expires 30 minutes after being sent to your email. If you see "Your account activation link expired" or "We can't seem to reach you by Email" when opening the activation link, tap Resend on your Roku device, and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for a new activation link from Roku. This new link is valid for another 30 minutes.

If your activation link is still not working, return to the activation screen on your Roku device and use the following steps:

1. Press the Star 

on your remote
  2. Select Edit email
  3. Re-enter or update your email address when prompted
  4. Check your email for a new activation link

If you continue to have issues with the activation email, you can get the activation link by scanning a QR code with your phone's camera. To do this, press the Star button on your remote and select Activate with the QR code. Alternatively, select Edit Roku email address try activating your Roku device with a different email address.

I didn't receive an activation email.

If you do not receive an activation email from Roku after completing the activation steps, try the following:

• Wait a bit longer. The activation email can take several minutes to arrive. Be sure to wait a few minutes before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps.
  • Confirm that you entered your email address correctly. Email addresses are not case-sensitive, but extra characters that may have been added by mistake can prevent an activation email from arriving in your inbox.
  • Check your spam folder. Your email automatically blocks emails from unrecognized senders and places them in a spam or junk folder. You may need to go into your spam folder and accept Roku as a recognized sender to ensure that the activation email and other Roku emails appear in your inbox.
  • Activate with a QR code instead. Go back to the activation page and select the Activation with a QR Code option. Scan the QR code with a mobile device's camera to get the link directly on your phone.

I completed the prompts, but my device didn't activate

To complete the activation steps, your device must be on the EmaiEmailt or QR code screen. If your device is on any other screen, you may need to repeat the activation steps to receive a new activation link or scan the QR code again.

If you created a Roku account during your first activation attempt, you can sign into your new account instead of signing up for another account.

For more detailed information, please see the instructions here.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Kissalive1,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about activating your Roku device. We're pleased to assist. 

• What Roku device are you using right now?

To activate your Roku streaming player or Roku TV system, you must link it to a Roku account. An activation link will be sent to the email address you provide or the link can be accessed via a QR code.

For more detailed information about activating a Roku device, visit our support page here: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Damartin

Jump to solution

Error code 014.30

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Damartin,

Welcome to the wonderful Roku Community!

We understand your frustration with activating your Roku device and the error code 14.30. We're here to help you through this.

What Roku device are you using right now?

Error codes 0091414.1014.1114.3014.5014.62, and 14.64 mean that your streaming device is unable to connect to the internet. Try the tips in the How to Fix Common Network Issues section to fix these connectivity errors.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
simonbh1

Jump to solution

I received the activation link email, but after clicking the blue activate device button nothing happened.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @simonbh1,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about activating your Roku device. We're pleased to assist.

How to fix activation issues

Refer to the sections below for help fixing activation problems.

My activation link doesn't work.

Remember that the Roku activation link expires 30 minutes after being sent to your email. If you see "Your account activation link expired" or "We can't seem to reach you by Email" when opening the activation link, tap Resend on your Roku device, and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for a new activation link from Roku. This new link is valid for another 30 minutes.

If your activation link is still not working, return to the activation screen on your Roku device and use the following steps:

1. Press the Star 

on your remote
  2. Select Edit email
  3. Re-enter or update your email address when prompted
  4. Check your email for a new activation link

If you continue to have issues with the activation email, you can get the activation link by scanning a QR code with your phone's camera. To do this, press the Star button on your remote and select Activate with the QR code. Alternatively, select Edit Roku email address try activating your Roku device with a different email address.

I didn't receive an activation email.

If you do not receive an activation email from Roku after completing the activation steps, try the following:

• Wait a bit longer. The activation email can take several minutes to arrive. Be sure to wait a few minutes before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps.
  • Confirm that you entered your email address correctly. Email addresses are not case-sensitive, but extra characters that may have been added by mistake can prevent an activation email from arriving in your inbox.
  • Check your spam folder. Your email automatically blocks emails from unrecognized senders and places them in a spam or junk folder. You may need to go into your spam folder and accept Roku as a recognized sender to ensure that the activation email and other Roku emails appear in your inbox.
  • Activate with a QR code instead. Go back to the activation page and select the Activation with a QR Code option. Scan the QR code with a mobile device's camera to get the link directly on your phone.

I completed the prompts, but my device didn't activate

To complete the activation steps, your device must be on the EmaiEmailt or QR code screen. If your device is on any other screen, you may need to repeat the activation steps to receive a new activation link or scan the QR code again.

If you created a Roku account during your first activation attempt, you can sign into your new account instead of signing up for another account.

For more detailed information, please see the instructions here.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.