Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Link code?

Jump to solution

@juls 

Thanks for the post.

Are you still experiencing this issue? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

No link code is being displayed on my TV. There is no one to call for customer service, so I signed up for this service for nothing. This is so frustrating. I love the show Vera and signed up through my local PBS station so I could stream episodes, but so far, I can't watch anything because Roku doesn't work

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Frustrateduser2 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your device. Then once your device is setup, switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I bought BritBox through Roku.

Toku is asking for a link code and I don’t have one.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@1938 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

For reference, a link code is needed when setting up your device and for activation, a PIN code is used when trying to add a channel to your Roku device. Which is your device asking for?

With more information, we will be able to assist your further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

I'm having difficulty figuring how to get the Link Code.  I've filled out the form for a new individual.  However, the final gate is I need to add the Link Code.  In your instructions it indicates that I should connect the Roku to my web.  I know the name of the web and my TV is already connected to the web so what additional information must I provide to get this "link code"?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Delores, you need to give a lot more information.  Is it a RokuTV or a standalone player?  If standalone, what Roku model is it?  The model number should be written on it somewhere.  What appears on the TV screen?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TJohnson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

my problem is we had a Roku device before I purchased this ROKU TV six months ago. I didn't activate the Roku account on the new TV until yesterday. When we activated the new account the TV still had the old credit card and TV linked on it for some reason. There for we haven't been able to get a link code. Help!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Perform a factory reset:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-How-to-factory-reset-before-returning-selling-or-gifting

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
V7

Jump to solution

If you are asking about linking the device to the Roku account you can just select "Streaming Channels" -> "Get started" and you'll see the code)

0 Kudos