Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dwilhite100
Reel Rookie

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

Solution!! I’m not an employee but here’s what we did.  download the Roku app. It’s white with purple letters. We had two phones we wanted added. One was added with setup. The other came later. I have found that you need to download this on the devices you want linked. Use the remote/app WITH the device you want linked it’ll work if you sign into the account on that device. On the app you can go to the “remote” toggle at the bottom, click the magnifying glass for search, type in “link” from there you will get a few different choices. I have also found that you can connect a ps4 to a different Roku tv because we are all on the same WiFi. So my son who has another Roku every in his room can actually switch his ps4 to our room by going to the Roku app, search link and click the link with the game controller.. If this makes since. The third one down is “link tv” 

Jump to solution

😡#nothelpfull

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Your idea to do a factory reset does Not work.  I have tried two different networks and have done several factory resets and still no link code   What is the secret??  Why cant we get this code to get our system set up

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done, @bizcoachplus.

Have you checked for the email on your spam or junk folder if it's not in the inbox? 

If the issue is still not resolved:

1. Return to your Roku device and press the Back button back button on Roku remote on your Roku remote. When prompted, try entering your email address again.
  2. If the issue repeats, try activating your Roku device using a different email address.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I resolve an issue when activating or linking my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Supp... 

If you are still unable to receive the email activation code, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
rachrmz

Where do I get the link code? Re: Link code?

Jump to solution

I have been watching Roku for months now. I just created an account so I could set up a PIN and now its asking for Link Code. Where do I find that? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where do I get the link code? Re: Link code?

Jump to solution

@rachrmz, you only link a Roku device to a Roku account.  If you've been watching The Roku Channel on a non-Roku smart TV or computer/tablet/phone there's nothing to link.  If I'm misunderstanding what you're saying let us know.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
JGG123

How and where do I find my Link code?

Jump to solution

How and where do I find my link code on my ROKU(on tv)?

Please help?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JGG123

Jump to solution

Thanks renojim!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JGG123, what are you trying to do?  Roku no longer uses link codes to link a device to a Roku account.  Did you get a new TV?  A used TV?  Is it linked to an account?  Can you navigate to Settings->System->About and is there an email address displayed there?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DWMills
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Renojim;

Do you have any idea as to what is being referred to here?

Does anyone know what the meaning is of their statement  "sorry, the email you provided isn't working"  ?

I AM providing the email user name ON the account.

What ISN'T WORKING??

Greg

0 Kudos