Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pokupoku
Reel Rookie

Re: Link code?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to get Roku to re-display the Link Code after the setup or does it always have to be factory reset?

Jump to solution

Today is 3/26/20 today I got my new Roku ultra streamer!

***Please Be Aware***

when you install the Roku ultra for the first time or any Roku streaming player at this point it will ask you for a link code, and tell you to login through a web browser and type in a link code. The link code sends you to someone probably from China, lol that is asking for $89.99 to subscribe to the brand-new Roku service. I was not aware of this so I questioned it in my head as my wife wanted to continue. I said wait a minute Roku does not offer any subscriptions anywhere. At least as far as I ever knew. That's not all, that person at the other end of the link Harley was offering the new Roku service for $89.99 but he was offering two additional monthly subscriptions,, $119.99 for a five-year plan and a plan for $179.99 which was their lifetime ultimate subscription plan. Believe me this is no joke! To get out of this, and not spend any more money, scroll down and still you see an additional Roku.com link. This is the normal link to get into Roku not the one you first came across at the guy was trying to charge you. Awfully Roku.com see this and report back I. The guy was tied in with the link directly linked through the Roku player in my previous Roku account.

Pokupoku
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks much, good advice.  I didn’t get the guy in China but didn’t write down the link code and can’t remember it so I can link other devices. From what I’ve read in the posts the only way to get it again is to reset and start afresh.  One post said to hold down the * button and get a new code.  That doesn’t work.  You would think there would be an easy way to get the code again or reset it through Roku.com. Thanks 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pokupoku 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that each device will require its own unique link code, they will not work for other devices. If you need to reactivate a device and need a new link code, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device to obtain a new code. 

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kristie

DKK9-6L2R

Jump to solution

@bailiedavis wrote:

how do i get a link code???

calamity

Re: Link code won't work with Roku TV

Jump to solution

I totally re-set the Roku tv using the recommended instructions, got the same link code as I did on my first set up (I recognized it after I saw it again posted on the tv) and the link code I was given the second time won't work on the Roku.com website to link a device.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: DKK9-6L2R

Jump to solution

@Kristie 

Thanks for the note.

When activating your Roku device, you should follow the Quick Start Guide and complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to the internet. Once this is complete the Roku device will display a link code on screen to link your device to your Roku account.

For more information regarding linking your Roku device, please see our support page How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

If you are trying to activate your device and are having an issue obtaining an activation code, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@calamity 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please make sure to be signing into your Roku account on my.roku.com or using roku.com/linkWhen entering roku.com/link into your web browser, type it correctly to avoid fraudulent websites.

For more information about activating your device, visit our Support page here: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Re: Where do I find the "linking code"?

Jump to solution

We have the Roku express and are trying to find the link code on the TV to add the You Tube TV channel to our Roku. Instructions say to hit the star on our roku remote and it will appear. It does nothing and we know the remote is working. How do we find the link code as we dont have it from when we originally set up the Roku. We have access to all the channels we need but cant seem to re-produce the link code to add to channels on our Roku.

Your help is appreciated.

JCW 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Where do I find the "linking code"?

Jump to solution

@7219 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that to add a channel to your Roku device, you will not need a code unless you are trying to add a private channel, which YouTube TV is not. 

For more information regarding how to add a channel to your device, visit our Support pages here:
How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?
How do I add a non-certified channel to my Roku® streaming device?

If you having an issues obtaining an activation code to set up your device, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos