Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bennyagarcia
Reel Rookie

How to Change Roku accounts on TV?

Help

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to Change Roku accounts on TV?

@Bennyagarcia wrote:

Help

Going to need more info than that.

How about Roku model number and some details what you are trying to do and the problems you are running to.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Bennyagarcia
Reel Rookie

The TV I inherited has another Roku account  already programmed from the person who used the TV before. So I cannot switch to my ROKU account to watch what is allowed under my RokuTV account email address and pin and password 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Bennyagarcia 

You will just have to Factory Reset this inherited RokuTV and then setup/activate using the same Roku account (email address) as your current RokuTV.  This procedure will link both RokuTVs to the same account.

Roku devices are linked to a Roku account during setup and activation of the Roku device.  You cannot simply transfer a Roku device to an existing Roku account.

To Factory Reset your RokuTV, you can find the Reset button (usually a pinhole) and press and hold for 30 seconds, or you can go to Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset.

If you happen to know the Roku account info of the inherited RokuTV, not a bad idea to login to the Roku account and make sure all subscriptions are cancelled and "Deactivate" the old/unneeded Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

i am a new customer to Hulu I got one of my TV to connect to HUHU but my second will not saying it doesn't recognize email or password is wrong but i checked both email and password

0 Kudos