Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Have a Roku tv & want Roku on Samsung

My Technicolor GatewayMy Technicolor Gateway

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@TrooperDada326 wrote:

If you download the mobile app you have total control of it. 

Nope, I can't. I have the app, and it has the same limitations as the web interface does. It may be the same box (certainly looks like it), but Comcast has certain settings locked from user access.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

I'm in the UK and from this stream of posts I can't believe how much you have to pay for locked down internet service and hardware in the US.

The only extra hardware that some providers in the UK offer for rent is mesh network add-on to improve coverage in bigger houses, and maybe a small supplement if you want static IP or a bit more for lower contention. One of the more expensive majors includes a 4G/5G mobile router backup with autoswitchover in 120s.

All ISP routers are free to rent, included in the monthly contract (e.g. FTTC for around £20 pm including landline with a domestic call package, or £50 for 900Mbs FTTP).  Routers not too locked down although maybe not high end performance (many ISP will allow you to replace the router with your own one, except FTTP or DOCSIS, where you add a router downstream to provided).

Almost everyone gets one common carrier (BT Openreach ADSL+/VDSL usually) which is resold to about 20 providers (new housing estates sometimes excepted-single provider lockin), best areas have 4 common carriers (some of whom resell), maybe a FTTP altnet (may resell), a cable co, and 5G mobile.  Some rural areas currently struggle with just slow ADSL and maybe a local wireless provider.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos