Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using a compromised device it will not let me add channels or navigate the app

I'm using a compromised device the wifi has been hacked and malware put on my phones accounts have been cancelled and changed most of the malware is from GitHub just a heads up

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I'm using a compromised device it will not let me add channels or navigate the app

@Wellurobvsstill 

Stop using that device. And do a full review of your security procedures and habits.

• Never use a Windows computer using an account with Admin privileges.
  • Never use the same password on more than one account.
  • Never use the default admin credentials on a router.
  • Ensure you're using good WiFi security with a secure password.

That's just a start. Failing to do these things leave you susceptible to being compromised.

Now, if you're suggesting that a Roku device was the point of entry into your network, you really need to ask advice from someone who knows about this stuff. There are so many ways to compromise systems without trying to hack a limited action Linux-based streamer.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos