Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmkagey

Have HDMI stay on as input when you turn TV on

Jump to solution

New Roku TV and didn’t come with a manual.  When I turn the TV on, it always goes to the Home Screen, where I have to select HDMI to connect to my TiVo

Is there a way that I can avoid the Home Screen and just have it come on when I start the TV?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Have HDMI stay on as input when you turn TV on

Jump to solution

Hi @dmkagey,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thank you for joining us.

We understand that you want to adjust the input settings for your Roku TV, and we are here to assist you with the process. 

When configuring TV inputs on your Roku TV settings, follow these steps:

1. To set up your TV so that your streaming device is automatically selected whenever you power on the TV, go to Settings > System > Power > Power On. After selecting Power On, choose the HDMI input where your Streaming Device is connected (e.g., HDMI 1). 
  2. After selecting the HDMI input, test it out by Turning the TV off and Turning it back On right after.

If the issue still hasn't been resolved after taking the steps above, please let us know.

You can attempt the following and observe if it has a positive impact on your current situation.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Have HDMI stay on as input when you turn TV on

Jump to solution

Hi @dmkagey,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thank you for joining us.

We understand that you want to adjust the input settings for your Roku TV, and we are here to assist you with the process. 

When configuring TV inputs on your Roku TV settings, follow these steps:

1. To set up your TV so that your streaming device is automatically selected whenever you power on the TV, go to Settings > System > Power > Power On. After selecting Power On, choose the HDMI input where your Streaming Device is connected (e.g., HDMI 1). 
  2. After selecting the HDMI input, test it out by Turning the TV off and Turning it back On right after.

If the issue still hasn't been resolved after taking the steps above, please let us know.

You can attempt the following and observe if it has a positive impact on your current situation.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.