Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcmcc_71087
Reel Rookie

Re: Express 4K+ will not get past boot screen

For what it's worth. I've been messaging the support team on Twitter for the past 2 days. To be blunt, it has been a waste of time. Everything that has been suggested has not worked at all. I will stand by and wait for support to reach out. Surely your team is able to process a warranty exchange with no problem. 

0 Kudos
FiddleDeeDee
Reel Rookie

Kind of there with you. 

paid the postage to send the defective device back. No update. And in that time, my Roku stick on another tv quit working. So that’s another fight that I don’t think is even worth it. 

0 Kudos
blinkerrr

Same issue. 6 Months old and the ROKU just keeps bouncing, will not go past that screen, tried everything......

0 Kudos
jcmcc_71087
Reel Rookie

The worst part about this is that customer support will not help one bit. Their suggestions are elementary and will refuse to simply process a warranty exchange. 

0 Kudos

Hello Roku Employee,

Same issue.

stick on logo screen. Plugged into the wall. Tried all resets.

Express 4K+
S07P515YFJTC

please assist.

thanks, David harris

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Davidharrisphot

Thanks for reaching out.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gklovato
Reel Rookie

My express 4K plus is doing the same. Is there a solution or a way to get it working again? My serial and model number is as followed:

SN: SO7P21AJEFSE

MN: 3941X

I was given this as a gift and would like to either replace it or get a new one.

0 Kudos
Freyes79
Reel Rookie

Had similar problem. I have two different Roku express.. I had issues with older express rebooting. Then I tried my newest Roku express.. both roku up to date on software. The only that I did not change from units was the power supply 5v output adapter. Both rokus kept rebooting tv. So I tried on different tv and I had same issues on different tv.. I  now changing to a different power adapter with same voltage. I have had the Roku on for now 7 minutes.. No rebooting issues. Try this. Even though it is not a Roku power adapter,  I picked one with same output voltage and similar amp.

0 Kudos
Freyes79
Reel Rookie

I have two Samsung tvs same size and model. When I connected different power adapter to current Roku I also changed the HDMI setting from roku premiere to regular hmdi. Has been about 15 minutes. I have had no issues with the Roku express now.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gklovato

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into a wall outlet or is it connected to the TV USB port?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos