Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rarserve
Reel Rookie

Cannot proceed beyond bouncing Roku Logo on previously working device

Same problem as others. Roku Express 4K+  3941x . S/N S07P21A717YC.  5 months old.  Worked fine then experienced problem a month ago.  As one other described, if i press the reset button for 30 seconds the screen will just remain black.  If I replug in get bouncing logo again.  Have reset modem and router 2x, have moved unit to location where wi fi signal is strong and fully established  with other devices (including another Roku stick which works fine there), used different m/m HDMI cable into 2 different tvs and different HDMI on each tv.   Obviously the device is defective and Roku clearly has an issue with this mode.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot proceed beyond bouncing Roku Logo on previously working device

@rarserve wrote:

... Obviously the device is defective and Roku clearly has an issue with this mode.

That's possible. You've done a fairly thorough job of troubleshooting. It could be the device, or it could be the power supply. I don't have an Express 4K+, so I don't know the exact power specs, but if you had another power supply that met the specs listed on the device/supply, you could try that and see if that resolves it.

Even if it was the power supply, I'm not certain Roku would replace just that. Most often, they replace the whole thing. It's under warranty. Everything you've done points to Roku device or power supply. In either case, it may be that you end up submitting for warranty service/return/replace.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RJMac18 @rarserve

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rarserve @RJMac18 @Jodyw @wperkerson @dejaylucid 

Thanks for your patience while we continue to investigate this issue.

For clarification, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the Roku device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? We would always recommend powering the Roku device through a wall outlet as sometimes the TV may not provide sufficient power to the Roku device.

Please keep us posted and I'll be able to pass along the information to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RJMac18
Channel Surfer

Plugged into the wall. It was working fine for about 45 days.

0 Kudos
rarserve
Reel Rookie

Has always been plugged into a wall outlet. When testing with different HDMI/TVs plugged into a different wall outlet. Perhaps you could give me more info regarding return since the link you sent did not seem to directly connect to a person who might be able to process.

0 Kudos
Jodyw
Reel Rookie

I have it plugged into a wall outlet.  I really think the unit is defective.  I purchased 3 at the same time, 2 of them work perfectly fine.  This one that has issues, is set up exactly like my other two.  
@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RJMac18 @rarserve @Jodyw 

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along the update to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hdanley

We are also having this issue with our Roku Express 4K+ after only a couple of months of owning it.
SN: S0AH21A58XP4 Model: 3941X
We cannot get passed the loading screen anymore to do a reset with the remote or settings menu. We have tried the reset button on the back and the light never flashes showing that it has been reset. We have tried switching out power, USB and HDMI cables with no results. It’s plugged into the wall. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@hdanley

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos