Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryukseo

Do Roku set-tops and dongles do ACR?

Jump to solution

I run Plex to stream media I own to a Roku 3 and Roku 2 stick... Both are connected to old TVs without internet connections.

Do Roku devices use ACR, to track what I watch and for Roku's use in ad targeting/reselling my behavior, etc?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Do Roku set-tops and dongles do ACR?

Jump to solution

Hi @ryukseo,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you want to know if the Roku device had an ACR. We're happy to assist you further. Please be advised that ACR is built into Roku TVs and identifies shows, movies, games, and ads being accessed on the TV. This data targets (or reverse targets) advertising campaigns to meet marketing objectives.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Do Roku set-tops and dongles do ACR?

Jump to solution

Hi @ryukseo,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you want to know if the Roku device had an ACR. We're happy to assist you further. Please be advised that ACR is built into Roku TVs and identifies shows, movies, games, and ads being accessed on the TV. This data targets (or reverse targets) advertising campaigns to meet marketing objectives.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.