Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moviefan225
Reel Rookie

How can you tell which movies are free on the roku channel?

Jump to solution

How can you tell which movies and stuff are free and which you have to pay for on the roku channel?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How can you tell which movies are free on the roku channel?

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @moviefan225!

We understand that you wanted to know what channels or movies are free and which you pay for on Roku. We're happy to help. 

Just like your smartphone has an “app store” for installing new applications, you can access the Roku Channel Store on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV to add new “channels”. Although some channels must be purchased or require a paid subscription, many others allow you to watch movies and TV shows for free. You can search the Channel Store on your Roku device or the Roku website to find free movies and TV shows.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
  3. Select Top Free to view the most popular free channels.
  4. Choose a channel and press OK to view more options.
  5. To install the channel, select Add channel.

On the web, you can browse a list on the Roku Channel Store. When you see something that interests you, select 'Add channel' and follow the instructions.

• Note: The channel will not immediately appear in the list of channels on your Roku device. Your Roku device checks every 24 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download the channel immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

I hope I have addressed your question appropriately, but reply to this message if the above did
not fix your issue, and we will gladly follow up.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @moviefan225!

We understand that you wanted to know what channels or movies are free and which you pay for on Roku. We're happy to help. 

Just like your smartphone has an “app store” for installing new applications, you can access the Roku Channel Store on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV to add new “channels”. Although some channels must be purchased or require a paid subscription, many others allow you to watch movies and TV shows for free. You can search the Channel Store on your Roku device or the Roku website to find free movies and TV shows.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
  3. Select Top Free to view the most popular free channels.
  4. Choose a channel and press OK to view more options.
  5. To install the channel, select Add channel.

On the web, you can browse a list on the Roku Channel Store. When you see something that interests you, select 'Add channel' and follow the instructions.

• Note: The channel will not immediately appear in the list of channels on your Roku device. Your Roku device checks every 24 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download the channel immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

I hope I have addressed your question appropriately, but reply to this message if the above did
not fix your issue, and we will gladly follow up.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
moviefan225
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Roku support,

Thank you for the nice reply.

I notice that if you click on most of the content on the roku channel it says that it is available for free.  I guess live tv is probably free too.

I like my roku 4k streaming stick.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @moviefan225,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if you are still having trouble or feel like your issue or concern has not been fixed or answered.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.