Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhilligas
Reel Rookie

account activation link

Jump to solution

i am trying to set up my roku premiere streaming player. got to the activate your roku player screen on my tv, added my email, and have not gotten an activation link. i have done multiple troubleshooting from disconnecting unit, factory setup, and changing emails. cannot get past this page or to get a link.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: account activation link

Jump to solution

@Jhilligas wrote:

i am trying to set up my roku premiere streaming player. got to the activate your roku player screen on my tv, added my email, and have not gotten an activation link. i have done multiple troubleshooting from disconnecting unit, factory setup, and changing emails. cannot get past this page or to get a link.

You have to use the email address of your Roku user account. It won't send the link email to an address that isn't in its database. I activated a new Ultra a couple of weeks ago, and I had the email within 60 seconds. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ptf18

Jump to solution

Same issue as the O.P.   I have had a Roku account for years. Used it to set up my 1st Roku device which I still use on a 2nd TV.

I'm just not getting the activation link e-mail from Roku and yes I've check my spam box, delete box, etc

Thoughts?

Crial
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I bought two new devices and I also have had a Roku account for years and it is not sending me the activation link emails.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

On a couple of rare occasions I've seen Roku have an activation server issue. Since it's Sunday here in the US, @RokuDanny-R probably won't be online to respond. But if it is an outage, I would expect they are working hard to restore it. Hopefully Danny can confirm if there's a problem.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Tracyk9935
Reel Rookie

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

I sent you a PM Danny, this is driving me nuts.

0 Kudos
Tracyk9935
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, I just want to watch my new TV but it has to be activated and it won't send me the activation email. Super frustrating!

lgf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

12/27- 7:25 pm PST
No activation link rec'd, 
email/account is correct- existing gmail account and existing ROKU device
(this is our third ROKU device) 
checked all folders for email- requested code to be sent twice
Please advise it server issue

mvrzal

Jump to solution

Same issue here.   Trying to link 3rd Roku to existing account.  Not receiving activation emails.  Used my husband's email and he received the link, but I want all 3 under 1 account.

0 Kudos
mb13

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue no email link, I have received other emails but not from roku. I am anxious to set up tv please help

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.