Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricky214

Connectivity to WiFi error 14.03

Jump to solution

My Roku Express is unable to connect to wifi. Left for two weeks, came back a Now it doesn’t work. All other devices connect to wifi other than this Roku device. I was told about the 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz channels and connectivity, which make no sense since my Roku device has worked with the default settings. I contacted my network provider, and discovered that it’s unable to be changed to 2.4Ghz to 802.11 b/g/n and for 5Ghz to 802.11 a/с.

my settings on wifi are currently 2.4 GHz802.11 g/n or I can change to n and 5Ghz to 802.11 a/c.

anyone else experiencing this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connectivity to WiFi error 14.03

Jump to solution

Hi @Ricky214,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We are pleased to have you here reporting that your Roku Express is not connecting to the internet. We are happy to assist you with this concern.

When attempting to connect to the internet, can you see other suggested networks in addition to your Wi-Fi? In the meantime, I highly suggest you try these troubleshooting steps.

Check the Range:
Make sure the Roku device is within range of the Wi-Fi signal and not blocked by physical barriers.

Restart your Roku device:
To restart your Roku player, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart. You can also unplug the Roku device from the power source, wait a few moments, and then reconnect it.

Reset the network connection: 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Advanced System settings
  4. Select Network connection reset
  5. Select Reset connection

After the network reset is done, your Roku device will restart and you will need to return to the Settings menu and set up your wireless network again.

If it still won't connect, I suggest you try connecting it to a mobile hotspot if you have mobile data available. You can visit this support article on how to connect your Roku streaming device to a mobile hotspot.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connectivity to WiFi error 14.03

Jump to solution

Hi @Ricky214,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We are pleased to have you here reporting that your Roku Express is not connecting to the internet. We are happy to assist you with this concern.

When attempting to connect to the internet, can you see other suggested networks in addition to your Wi-Fi? In the meantime, I highly suggest you try these troubleshooting steps.

Check the Range:
Make sure the Roku device is within range of the Wi-Fi signal and not blocked by physical barriers.

Restart your Roku device:
To restart your Roku player, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart. You can also unplug the Roku device from the power source, wait a few moments, and then reconnect it.

Reset the network connection: 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Advanced System settings
  4. Select Network connection reset
  5. Select Reset connection

After the network reset is done, your Roku device will restart and you will need to return to the Settings menu and set up your wireless network again.

If it still won't connect, I suggest you try connecting it to a mobile hotspot if you have mobile data available. You can visit this support article on how to connect your Roku streaming device to a mobile hotspot.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.