Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LittlePCS

Compromised Device? Random Human Laugh!!!

Jump to solution

Hi. I have 2 Roku Devices (the original types). One was purchased in the States from a reputable Company and that’s worked well. All good. I purchased  a second device (Roku Express)  online and when I received it there was a paper inside that had a website for me to go to and to use certain account info to install and such. Of course I didn’t use any of that fake rubbish and installed it properly through Roku and thought all was fine. I did send the info to Roku. Just these past few days our Roku device has come up and said it’s not connected. I reset my router, put in info, and got in. Again the same the next day said not connected. Shut it and router down and reset the Roku this time. All good again. We were away from home for 2 days. Tv was off and we were standing in the same room. We heard a woman’s laugh from inside our house in that same room. We are in the country and nobody was around and everything was off. Could the Roku device be compromised from the start (since I had that fake email and account info request to set-up) and can they view us through the device?  Should I just throw that device away? Thanks all. Can’t find anything close to what we’re experiencing. I’ve reset my router info and password in case but the Roku is the only other thing that it could be in that room. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Compromised Device? Random Human Laugh!!!

Jump to solution

Hi @LittlePCS,

We appreciate you bringing up this concern with us directly, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd love to assist you further with this concern you have with the Roku Express. Please be advised that if your Roku Express is off, it cannot produce any sound or audio.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Compromised Device? Random Human Laugh!!!

Jump to solution

Hi @LittlePCS,

We appreciate you bringing up this concern with us directly, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd love to assist you further with this concern you have with the Roku Express. Please be advised that if your Roku Express is off, it cannot produce any sound or audio.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.