Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madra29

Can't connect streaming stick to phone please help

Upon doing some research, I believe the issue is that my router (SAX1V1S from Spectrum) is able to use 2.4 and 5G. From what I read the Roku goes to 2.4 and my phone connects to 5G. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know absolutely nothing about technology. Just the bare minimum so I am surprised I was able to even figure this much out. My app on my phone just says there are no devices to connect.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Can't connect streaming stick to phone please help

Are both bands using the same SSID?  If so, this will be hard to control, but the router should allow you to give each band its own SSID and then you can control which band/SSID that each device connects to.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Can't connect streaming stick to phone please help

@madra29 I am going to assume that Roku device is working and you would like to use your phone as a remote.  To use your phone as a remote it must be connected to the same wifi.  I don't know what phone you have but you should be able to search for networks on your phone and connect to the 2.4 GHz band unless the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands have the same name.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.