Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ariesrose
Channel Surfer

Can’t be reached by email

All of a sudden I could not use my Ryukyu I did a factory reset restarted my modem connected to the Internet and I keep on getting an error message that states my email cannot be reached. I’ve tried three different emails two different accounts and it’s still gives me all of a sudden I could not use my Ryukyu I did a factory reset restarted my modem connected to the Internet and I keep on getting a error message that states my email cannot be reached. I’ve tried three different emails two different accounts and it still gives me the same error message on all three of my Roku tvs!?

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t be reached by email

Hi @Ariesrose

Thank you for the post!

If you're experiencing issues with your Roku device even after performing a factory reset and trying different email accounts, there are a few additional steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check your internet connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and that your Roku device is connected to your Wi-Fi network. Try resetting your modem and router to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Verify your email address: Make sure that you are entering your email address correctly and that it is associated with an active Roku account. You can verify this by logging into your Roku account on the Roku website.
  • Reset your Roku device: We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.
  • Update your Roku software: Ensure that your Roku device is running the latest software updates. You can check for updates in the Settings menu of your Roku device.
  • Try a different network: If you are still experiencing issues after trying the above steps, try connecting your Roku device to a different network. This can help determine if the issue is with your Wi-Fi network or your Roku device.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Ariesrose
Channel Surfer

Thank you, I’ve literally tried every single thing that you just went through. Took it to a friends house connected to their Wi-Fi was able to set Roku  back up, got it home and will not connect to the Internet so it’s either a ONN TV issue or an Internet issue..

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ariesrose

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Ariesrose
Channel Surfer

Yes, both my ONN Roku TVs stopped working. Both will not connect to the internet. But everything in the house does and works fine. I get a error code “014” when I check for network connection on the TVs. I’m on the phone with OON TV support now. As I’ve called Roku twice now and no help. ONN TV said it’s a bug on my router?! So now calling my internet provider. Ugh…

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ariesrose

Thank you for the reply!

Error code 014 on Roku TVs typically indicates that the TV is having trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi network. Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

• Check your Wi-Fi network: Make sure your Wi-Fi network is working properly and that your Roku TV is within range of your wireless network. Try restarting your router to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Restart your Roku TV: Sometimes simply restarting your Roku TV can resolve connectivity issues. To do this, unplug your TV from the power source for at least 10 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on.
  • Reset your network connection: You can try resetting your network connection on your Roku TV. To do this, go to Settings > Network > Wireless (Wi-Fi) > Set up new Wi-Fi connection. Follow the on-screen prompts to reset your network connection.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna"

0 Kudos
Ariesrose
Channel Surfer

Thank you, but as stated above I’ve already did every single thing mentioned. Still a no go. ONN TV tells me it’s a modem issue, ROKU tells me it’s a TV issue and my Internet provider says it’s a ROKU issue. So far no luck with anything. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ariesrose

Thank you for the reply.

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Ariesrose
Channel Surfer

It is the internet connection, on the TV. Says it locates the internet, I put my password in and say connection failed. Error (014) I can not get to any apps because ROKU had me factory reset the TV and now it won’t connect at all. Get to the email to sign in and can’t go further than that. Says “your email can not be reached” I’ve tried three different emails. 2 different Wi-Fi’s.. I’ve reset my internet and modem, I’ve unplugged and even hit the reset button on the tv. I can not stream as I can not even set my account back up. I have three ROKU TVs and they all at the same time started this issue yesterday, have had no issue the three years I’ve had the same TVs, ROKU account,  and internet. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Ariesrose 

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when you are trying to connect your Roku TV to the network, along with all of the troubleshooting that you've done.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku TVs? The placement of the serial number or device ID varies by manufacturer, but you can often find this information on the back of your Roku TV. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos