Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cable not connecting to my Roku TV

@Linyet2b 

Did you try removing and adding a new HDMI Input from the Roku Settings?

Settings..TV Inputs (Select a HDMI input) and then Setup Input.

After you hook up HDMI cable, try doing a System Restart (Settings..System Settings..Power..Restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
monty3

your solution dose not work there is no channel 3 or 4 on my live tv are you sure you know what your talking about

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@monty3, instead of questioning the knowledge of other people why don't you tell us what you're trying to do?  Do you have a Roku TV and not a Roku player connected to a TV?  If so, did you add channels 3 and 4 when you scanned for antenna channels?  Your attitude is quite off-putting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Kellybeck

I am having the same issue.  My cable box worked great for 2 years and then the Roku Tv stopped recognizing the cable box.  I swapped the cable box for a new one and it still says no signal.  I also put on a brand new hdmi cable and still the same.  I have reset all the settings back to the factory settings and still I get the red screen saying no signal.  Help please. 

0 Kudos
Kellybeck

I fixed it by going to antenna and adding channels 3 and 4.  Thank you

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Kellybeck I am going to assume that you have a cable box capable of HD.  If that is the case using a coaxial cable and using channel 3 or 4 will not support HD and you picture quality will suffer greatly.  Check your settings on your cable box to see if it can be set to output over HDMI.  Since you stated you tried a new cable, do you have another device you can use to check the HDMI port on your TV.  It would be better going forward if you can get the HDMI input to work.

0 Kudos
rtenore

I'm having the same issues.  Were you able to get an answer?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

HI @rtenore,

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried checking the cable connection of the cable box as well as plugging the box to another HDMI port to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we can continue to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos