Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsLynn
Channel Surfer

Aquatic life no longer on Roku 3

Aquatic life disappeared 3 days ago from my Roku 3. The Premier+ in the bedroom still has it so know it is still available. I've updated the software and not even available as an option in screensavers. 

Not sure if because  Roku 3 is old. Anyone else with a Roku 3 having same issue. Loved having the screensave as it is relaxing. The only other option is to have to purchase one.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Aquatic life no longer on Roku 3

There are two versions of the Roku 3: the 4200 (Mar 2013) and 4230 (Apr 2015), so depending on the version yours is either 9 or 11 years old. While both are still officially supported, it's certainly possible the player simply can't handle the demands of that screensaver. The user interface only supports 1280X720 resolution, and that might simply not be enough for that screensaver. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Roku finally moves both of those models to the legacy list and drop support. It has to be more work to still maintain the OS for that old of hardware. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.