Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sr9

Re: Roku - TV Airplay, HomeKit, Roku TV Mobile App NOT WORKING NEW TV

> It just asks for the code over and over again

I have exact same issue with brand new Streaming Stick 4k. I've had a ticket open with support for a few weeks now. They said it's seen by many customers, but no resolution yet.

0 Kudos
trum
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay Code is Not Accepted on iPhone

I have the exact same issue with the 4k Streaming Stick, model 3820X. It seems like if this works with some devices with the exact same model number then it is just faulty products, and I should return for a replacement?

In case it is something to do with a subset of devices or software versions, my serial number is X01700SPUMU9, and software version is 11.5.0 build 4235-CU

0 Kudos
stevet444
Channel Surfer

I also want to add that I have an Airplay issue that may or may not be related. A 4 digit code will appear on the screen and tell me to enter on Ipad/IPhone but when it do, it doesn't accept and prompts another code to enter.

0 Kudos
Spartan2381
Channel Surfer

Same issue with airplay. Code is generated but not accepted.

Had to generate some more logs and video for apple support before my case would be sent to the developers.

0 Kudos
rishkh
Channel Surfer

I don;t even see the airplay code, since your phone needs to see the tv first.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue you are experiencing, but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • mobile device brand, model and current OS
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kjstech
Streaming Star

We’ve been using the roku a few days now and initially Apple Airplay and add to HomeKit as an accessory did not work. So the TV it’s plugged into also has Apple Airplay so we turned it on in the Samsung TV itself and that was our workaround.

However you asked for a bunch of information so for the good of the thread I decided to turn AirPlay back on in the Roku 4K streaming stick so I could recreate the problem and push home 5 times to get you the information. To my surprise Airplay to the Roku WORKED! I was also able to add it to Home as an accessory. I can turn it off (I guess it sends HDMI-CEC command to TV to power off.)

So we didn’t make any real changes but just run the stick for a few days. I wonder if it just takes time to generate any kind of DRM / Encryption keys.

3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

X01700XRAJSA

11.5.0 • build 4235-CU

0 minutes

S08Y427RAJ8A

0 Kudos
rdlaub
Streaming Star

I have had my unit for weeks and it is still not working.l. Here is my info. I have tried every trouble shooting step imaginable.

Model 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial Number - X01700LJ6GM4

iPhone 13

IOS 16.1.1

Tracker ID M4-480-629

0 Kudos
richleon

I had the same problem and opened a support ticket with Roku. They mentioned it was a known issue, their engineering team was working on it, and they would email me when they figure a solution.

Meanwhile, I figured it out 🙂

This new Roku Stick was replacing a very old one. The old one was registered in my Apple account. All I had to do was remove the old one and the new one worked out fine.

This is what you do:

On your iPhone (or iPad), go to Settings, Apple ID. If you see a Roku device there, delete it (remove from account).

Once you do that, go to your new Roku, Settings, Apple AirPlay and HomeKit, and go straight to HomeKit setup. Let your iPhone/iPad read the QR Code and follow the prompts in your iPhone/iPad.

Once you set it up in HomeKit, you will not need an AirPlay Code because it will be a trusted device in your home.

Hope this works for you. Good luck!

rdlaub
Streaming Star

The Roku device under my apple ID is for my TCL television. I don't have a Roku streaming stick in there.

0 Kudos