Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rishkh
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku - TV Airplay, HomeKit, Roku TV Mobile App NOT WORKING NEW TV

Added, tv does not show is available airplay devices or in roku app. 
can see airplay enabled on tv. 

0 Kudos
peter-WI
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay Code is Not Accepted on iPhone

I have the same problem, tried a few iPhones and iPads. No Airplay possible.

Please post a solution when you find one. Since I do not find older posts about this issue, it looks like a bug needed to be fixed with a firmware update. Thanks

0 Kudos
Trilemma
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. There was an old Reddit thread where someone had this problem with a Sony bravia and someone had to make a change to a privacy setting. But that doesn’t seem applicable here. 

0 Kudos
Seuss1088
Reel Rookie

Same issue here with Roku stick bought yesterday. Have tried multiple devices that are prompted for code but the code is not being accepted, play from the YouTube apps work from app.

0 Kudos
rdlaub
Streaming Star

Yes.  I saw that also and tried the same thing,  But it wasn't a thing in this case.

0 Kudos
Seuss1088
Reel Rookie

Had another Roku on order and that one had no issues with airplay. Sending the faulty one back

0 Kudos
Blacktag98
Reel Rookie

@Seuss1088, Are they both the streaming stick 4k?

0 Kudos
rdlaub
Streaming Star

I have another 4K streaming stick that works fine with airplay. Seems like something is wrong with this device. 

0 Kudos
Seuss1088
Reel Rookie

Yes, one from Amazon and the other from Target, the one from Amazon came in today and no issues. Going to try the faulty one at my other property tomorrow and will report back if the same issue occurs.

0 Kudos
Kjstech
Streaming Star

I just got a streaming stick 4k from Amazon and everything works except the apple airplay or add to HomeKit.

phones and iPads just keep prompting for the code and I always enter it correct.

I went into the Home app on iPhone and add accessory and scanned the QR code the roku generates but it said wrong code.

3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Software 11.5.0 build 4235-CU

Device ID S08Y427RAJ8A

restarted roku through the menu option a few times.  Restarted iPad and iPhone.

Roku is seen in the list of devices to cast to, it just never accepts the code.  I can’t find a way to turn off the requirement of the code.  First time only seems to be the least restrictive option available.

0 Kudos