Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morunok3

Add Nintendo switch to Roku please help

Hi! I have an old Samsung tv with a Roku plug in that lets me use Roku. I know that with both Roku tv and a Samsung smart tv you can add a Nintendo switch to the Home Screen. Everytime I search how to set this up on my tv it only comes up with Roku tv or Samsung tv and neither of those work for me. How, if at all, can I add my switch to the Home Screen of the Roku? (not the Samsung it’s too old) or am I going to have to switch inputs every time I wanna use it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Add Nintendo switch to Roku please help

Hi @morunok3,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you want to use Nintendo Switch on your Roku device that is connected to your Samsung TV. We would be more than willing to provide you with further details about this.

I just wanted to inform you that the Nintendo Switch is not compatible with a Roku device. The Nintendo Switch is an external gaming console that requires a direct connection to a television and does not have the capability to connect to other external devices like Roku streaming devices. It is specifically designed to work with Roku TVs only.

In order to play games on your Nintendo Switch, you will need to utilize the input selection feature on your Samsung TV remote to switch between the Roku device and the Nintendo Switch.

We hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.