Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

This is on my TV set not on my cell phone and I have Wifi

0 Kudos
UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

This post was started to troubleshoot a sign in issue with the Roku Android Mobile App. Not Paramount+. Please start a new post as this has nothing to do with the issue being discussed here. 

Josh68
Binge Watcher

I am having exactly the same trouble as the OP, using exactly the same device and version of the app. I recently reformatted my phone and installed everything fresh. I believe I didn't have this issue the last time I used the app but have experienced it before. I am able to login via the web, no problem. I've even changed my password, and I'm still only able to log in through the web while the app fails, complaining about my username or password.

Instead of asking for more information, perhaps you should do some sleuthing as to what the problem is on your end. Thanks

UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

@RokuTakashi or @RokuJanadeeK any updates or are you still investigating?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to investigate this issue further. Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Josh68
Binge Watcher

I can't do a screen capture of the Roku app on my phone, even though I've granted it permissions (maybe need to reboot?)

Here's what the message says, exactly:

Unable to sign in

The email address or password provided does not match our records

OK

0 Kudos
Josh68
Binge Watcher

By the way, I'm successfully signing into community.roku.com using the same credentials, too

0 Kudos
UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

Your mobile app development team has disabled the ability to take screenshots or record screen captures (video) which would require the app to be updated and published in order to do so. You should have known this. However to try and save everyone time, here's the screenshot that blacks out the sign in screen and error modal. 

Screenshot_20240117-134009_Roku.png

UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

Same, I can login to the community and my account using the same credentials using a mobile app browser (chrome). 

Your app is having an authentication issue resolving the user's credentials or something related to your authentication method. It's pretty obvious that the issue resides in the mobile app sign in process. 

Please read the previous messages before you ask for the same thing again, we're not making any progress with this. Going back and forth asking for the same details that were already provided and disappearing for 24 hours between each follow-up question. I count 4 different Roku team members involved in this issue, maybe stick with 1 person so you don't have to ask for the same information over and over again. 

Josh68
Binge Watcher

Also, if you search your archives, you'll find this issue isn't new. In the past, it looks like it was ultimately determined that there were issues with an authentication service (yours), and it was ultimately resolved over time, but right now, with two of us experiencing the same issue on the same phone/OS/app version, I wonder if something else is up. You should have logs to see what's going on.