Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tjmccall

Roku app won’t connect to tv

Someone please help. I’ve restarted the tv, reset the network thing, re-installed the app and quadruple-checked the tv is on the correct wifi, yet my app is still not recognizing it. So I try to manually connect. Go to settings-> about and input the correct ip address according to the tv… “ a Roku device was not found at this ip address. Please check the ip address and try again”…any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku app won’t connect to tv

Who is you ISP (Internet service provider)?  There was someone with a Spectrum (I think) supplied router that had to enable UPnP in his router to get the app to connect.  Some routers have settings for "client isolation" that prevent W-Fi connected devices from connecting to each other.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.