Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTRSwiss
Reel Rookie

Roku app not turning on/off TCL TV

Jump to solution

I just bought a TCL qm850g. I hooked up my Roku stream bar Pro. When the TV is on I can navigate with the Roku app with no problem. The only thing the Roku app doesn't do anymore is turn on the TV when I hit one of the streaming services on the Roku app and does not shut off when I use the Roku app microphone to shut the TV off which all worked perfectly fine with my Samsung Neo QLED.
When I hit one of the streaming services a little white light blinks briefly on the Roku bar but TV does not turn on.

Also, when I navigate within the Roku bar settings there is no Power option whereas some people suggest to enable "quick startup".

I'm disabled and cannot operate the regular Roku remote but the Roku app is easy to navigate for me. Any help, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app not turning on/off TCL TV

Jump to solution

Hi @JTRSwiss,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate and value your input, which helps us improve the Roku mobile app features. Rest assured that we will inform our Roku team about this, as your convenience and satisfaction are among our top priorities.

In the meantime, your patience and cooperation are highly appreciated as we work on this issue. Please let us know if there's anything else you would like to address, we would be more than willing to assist.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
JTRSwiss
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Problem solved! TCL got back to me and told me to do the following.

First, please ensure that the Roku Stream Bar Pro is connected to your TV's HDMI Arc input and that the CEC feature is enabled on your device.

Once enabled, follow the steps below:

a. Go to settings.

b. Go to channels and inputs.

c. Go to external device control.

d. Enable the following: power the TV on sync, device standby in sync, HDMI control.

Once enabled, try turning the TV on and off using your Roku remote and check if the same issue persists.

Note, it works on all 4 HDMI's.

You will have to turn on/off the TV by using the Roku app microphone. I used to be able just to hit any of the streaming services within the Roku app and the TV would turn on. No big deal, this is working for me.

0 Kudos
JTRSwiss
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Now, it just would be nice if there also would be a power button on the Roku app. Just a suggestion so we don't have to use the microphone every time.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JTRSwiss,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate and value your input, which helps us improve the Roku mobile app features. Rest assured that we will inform our Roku team about this, as your convenience and satisfaction are among our top priorities.

In the meantime, your patience and cooperation are highly appreciated as we work on this issue. Please let us know if there's anything else you would like to address, we would be more than willing to assist.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.