Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Roku Remote App may go to App Store screen when making a selection within an app.

Using my Fire Tablet with the Roku App as a remote... (as my remote still eats batteries) 

On many occasions, I find if I go to select a selection within an app (i.e. a movie), the tablet screen jumps back to the main Channel Apps selection screen. 

Note 1: This must have happened within an upgrade at some point, as when I first installed the App, as at first it strictly worked as a remote, & popup keyboard which I can toggle between.

Note 2: When the channel/app screen appears there is a small icon on the bottom white bar to get back to the remote. Many times this icon does not work, & I have to back out & restart the Roku app to correct it. 

A separate Icon for the to toggle to the channel/apps screen is not available. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Remote App may go to App selection screen within an app

Hi @Bismarck318,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out about this Roku mobile app issue you're seeing and we'd like to learn more better about this and see how we can isolate this.

If you haven't tried reinstalling the app or checking an available update we recommend and see that reproduces the same behavior.

Or share a picture of the issue you're seeing that we can take a closer look into.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

I'm thinking these apps update transparently (??), I never seen the "channel" screen when I first installed it & seems to pop up at inappropriate or odd time (.e. Selecting a movie within an app), & I may not be able to exit it without backing out of the app & restarting.  Is there a way to update the app within the app?  Actually backing to the home screen & going to the channel apps. this would be the time I'd expect this screen to appear.   

Also would like to install on an apple iPad, though it seems like there are many 3rd party remote apps within the app store when I query it. 

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

I found to avoid this, there is a setting in the Remote app of remote type (?).  I set this to "Traditional" from "Swipe" this seemed to have solved this issue.  However the setting went back to "Swipe" again & had to set back to "Traditional" again.  

I'm not even sure how the swipe actually works, something that is phone friendly but not working with a tablet?  

Edit: 

Channel/app screen is actually the "Channel Store" (White Background) but with only my channels so it works like the app screen (Black Background).  

0 Kudos