Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wug

Roku app doesn't launch on rooted phones

Jump to solution

I know it's on purpose as it's called out in the FAQ on the site, and I'm here to register my opinion that this is stupid.  Your app is not the nuclear launch codes, it is my TV remote. I will run it on whatever device I see fit.

I'd appreciate if you'd make it easier for me to do that but be aware that i'm going to do it either way.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app doesn't launch on rooted phones

Jump to solution

Hi @Wug @smashingtool,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this concern that you have with the rooted phones since it was not able to launch the Roku mobile app. If your Android phone or tablet is rooted, running uncertified software, or not Play Protect certified then it may not be compatible with the Roku mobile app. Refer to the Google Play Help article for instructions on how to check your Play Protect certification status.

We hope this helps. Please keep us posted if there's anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Jump to solution

Sideloading an old version is doable and "fixes" this nonsense.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wug @smashingtool,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this concern that you have with the rooted phones since it was not able to launch the Roku mobile app. If your Android phone or tablet is rooted, running uncertified software, or not Play Protect certified then it may not be compatible with the Roku mobile app. Refer to the Google Play Help article for instructions on how to check your Play Protect certification status.

We hope this helps. Please keep us posted if there's anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.