Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJ606

Roku Mobile app - my device isn't listed

Jump to solution

My device is no longer listed for me to connect too. I have done everything I know to do to fix it. I never had a problem with it before - worked just fine for the past 6 to 8 months. But now instead of my device being on the list to connect to, there's actually a totally different device it keeps trying to connect me to and its not even mine! I think it's my neighbors. All I wanted to do was listen to my TV with my headphones so I wouldn't disturb my husband that worked thirds last night. But now I'm so aggravated I don't want to watch anything. I just turned it off. Seriously, I even took and reset my Roku TV all the way back to factory setting. But nothing - my device is not listed no where on the list on my Roku app. I even did it manually with my IP address. Nothing. And yes, the first six numbers of the IP address is the same for my TV and my mobile. And yes, my wifi settings is the same for both my phone and my tv. Apparently they expect me to buy a more updated Roku. I don't think so! I'll go without first.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device connectivity issues-- my device isnt listed.

Jump to solution

Something's not right.  If you're seeing your neighbor's device then you must be connected to their Wi-Fi.  The first six numbers of your IP address mean nothing since what you're looking at is a local IP address.  Let me guess, they're 192.168.  Most of the world will have the same six numbers for their local IP address.  If the first three octets don't match (e.g., 192.168.0) then you're definitely not on the same network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device connectivity issues-- my device isnt listed.

Jump to solution

Something's not right.  If you're seeing your neighbor's device then you must be connected to their Wi-Fi.  The first six numbers of your IP address mean nothing since what you're looking at is a local IP address.  Let me guess, they're 192.168.  Most of the world will have the same six numbers for their local IP address.  If the first three octets don't match (e.g., 192.168.0) then you're definitely not on the same network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.