Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeJayy
Reel Rookie

Roku App not working on iOS 18 beta 5

Good evening all! 

tried to use the app so I don’t annoy my girlfriend and the app worked for a night. Now when I go to use it crashes on launch. 

I reinstalled the app and restarted my phone but nothing seems to work. There was also an update to the app yesterday as well and that didn’t work. 

thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku App not working on iOS 18 beta 5

Hi @SeeJayy,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about your trouble with the Roku mobile app on your iOS device and the steps you took to resolve the issue.

We'd like to investigate this further, but we need more details.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages?
  • What is your device's OS version?
  • What is the Roku mobile app version?
  • Have you tried to restart your Roku device as well? Navigate to Settings System Power > System restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

For troubleshooting purposes, could you try installing the Roku mobile app on another mobile device and see if there's any difference?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SeeJayy
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku App not working on iOS 18 beta 5

Thanks for responding! 

I am using a TCL Roku tv GX108X 

no errors.

software: 13.00 

mobile app ver: 11.2.0

i have restarted, tried to force up date nothing is working still. 
My girlfriends app is still working but she is on a Samsung phone, I’m on an iPhone. 

It just seems to be the app crashing on start up and not even trying to load on my phone at all. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.