Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffR
Binge Watcher

New Roku app = Subject is New Roku Application

Jump to solution

I am enjoying the new Roku app - when it works. 
The ability to use the app for private listing on my my android phone with my Hisense Roku TV is nice but more times than not when I open the app it won't connect to the devise.

The only way it seems I'm able to make it work again is to reset my router.
My TV and phone are on the same network.
I have reset the Roku TV.
I have un and reinstalled the app on my phone.

Anyone else using this with similar issues?
I'm leaning towards a bug in the new app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku app = Subject is New Roku Application

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community, @JeffR.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us. Rest assured that we'll find you with the best resolution possible. 

Mentioning that it will only work when resetting your router seems to be a problem with your network connection. Please be aware that Roku streaming devices/TVs need to be connected to a strong network connection in order to work effectively. We highly suggest reaching out to your Internet Service Provider. 

Furthermore, you can manually check for the signal strength of your network connection and refer to our Support link to help you understand the results. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku app = Subject is New Roku Application

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community, @JeffR.

We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us. Rest assured that we'll find you with the best resolution possible. 

Mentioning that it will only work when resetting your router seems to be a problem with your network connection. Please be aware that Roku streaming devices/TVs need to be connected to a strong network connection in order to work effectively. We highly suggest reaching out to your Internet Service Provider. 

Furthermore, you can manually check for the signal strength of your network connection and refer to our Support link to help you understand the results. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos