Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arrianna
Channel Surfer

My Roku tv app will not sign out of my old account

Jump to solution

My Roku mobile app on iOS will not allow me to sign out of my old account does anyone know how I can fix this. I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling but it auto signs in to my old account.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku tv app will not sign out of my old account

Jump to solution

Greetings Community Users!

We've received updates from the team regarding this matter being fixed with the new iOS update.

If you are still experiencing this issue, kindly update your phone to the newest version of your iOS. 

Once again, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on this and if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Can you elaborate on "will not allow me to sign out"?   I only have the Android version, but if I'm signed in I can scroll down to the bottom of the screen and sign out.  Once I'm signed out I can sign in to a different account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
KaylaH

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I click “sign out” and then “sign out” again on the pop up window… it just takes be back to the same screen with my account still logged in

Arrianna
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is exactly what mine does I can’t figure it out

Arrianna
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

“I click “sign out” and then “sign out” again on the pop up window it just takes be back to the same screen with my account still logged in.” This it will not allow me to sign out at all no matter how many times I click sign out.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @KaylaH @Arrianna!

We appreciate you for letting us know about this and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution in successfully logging out of your account on the Roku mobile app.

Before we proceed, could you please confirm when this started happening? Have you successfully logged out before and signed into another Roku account? Also, are there any error messages when you try to sign out of your account? If so, kindly provide us with photos for reference.

In the meantime, we suggest trying to log into a different device and log out to see if the same issue persists. 

We'll be looking forward to your update so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Arrianna
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, 

it started happening in December of 2023 and has been like this since. Before then it was fine. I haven’t had a need to log out before this is the first time I’ve made a new account and need to log out. I don’t get and error message it just doesn’t log out. I can log in and out on my iPad just fine it’s just my phone with the issue.

0 Kudos
Arrianna
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

IMG_0464.png

IMG_0465.png

IMG_0466.png

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @Arrianna.

We appreciate the photos you provided as well and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

In this case, have you tried to delete the app, restart your phone, and then re-install it again to see if this will make any difference? 

Please keep us updated so we can proceed tot he next step.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Arrianna
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve done it multiple times and it hasn’t helped

0 Kudos