Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Roku app headphone mode is not working anymore

Jump to solution

I was watching a video the other day and I had the headphone mode on and it was working fine the half way through the video the audio stops so I try to reconnect the headphone mode again and it connects but when I try to watch a video the video plays but I can't hear anything even though the volume is on max. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku app headphone mode is not working anymore

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by her in the Roku Community, @Craigwigant1!

We appreciate you informing us that you're experiencing unintended behavior when using the Headphones mode on your Roku App. Don't worry; we'll help you resolve this and give you the assistance you need. 

You might want to try the suggested troubleshooting steps below to see if that'll do the trick. 

• Confirm that the volume is not muted or too low to hear.
  • When using wired headphones, check that they are firmly plugged in.
  • When using Bluetooth headphones for mobile Headphones Mode, confirm that they are paired and connected to your phone or table. For help, visit the website of the manufacturer of your mobile device and/or headphones or contact them directly.
  • When using Bluetooth headphones paired directly to supported Roku devices, confirm they are paired and connected from the Settings menu.
  • If you have multiple Roku devices, use the remote to find the correct one. With mobile Headphone Mode, go to the Devices page (in the Roku mobile app) and make sure you are connected to the proper device.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you need more help. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku app headphone mode is not working anymore

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by her in the Roku Community, @Craigwigant1!

We appreciate you informing us that you're experiencing unintended behavior when using the Headphones mode on your Roku App. Don't worry; we'll help you resolve this and give you the assistance you need. 

You might want to try the suggested troubleshooting steps below to see if that'll do the trick. 

• Confirm that the volume is not muted or too low to hear.
  • When using wired headphones, check that they are firmly plugged in.
  • When using Bluetooth headphones for mobile Headphones Mode, confirm that they are paired and connected to your phone or table. For help, visit the website of the manufacturer of your mobile device and/or headphones or contact them directly.
  • When using Bluetooth headphones paired directly to supported Roku devices, confirm they are paired and connected from the Settings menu.
  • If you have multiple Roku devices, use the remote to find the correct one. With mobile Headphone Mode, go to the Devices page (in the Roku mobile app) and make sure you are connected to the proper device.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you need more help. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.