Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liyahv
Reel Rookie

Mobile app keeps disconnecting from tv

So, I’ll use the app to put something on, and it will work fine, but after two minutes, the app freezes and completely disconnects from the TV. This becomes increasingly annoying when I am trying to use the private listening feature. I’ve tried all the suggested steps and still have not found a fix. Is this just a bug, or can it be resolved manually somehow?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3

Roku App Private Listening Restarts YouTube Videos

I use the Roku app all the time for private listening with my AirPods on my iPhone.  Just today, and for the first time, if my app temporarily loses connectivity to my TCL Roku TV while on my WiFi which sometimes happens, any YouTube video I am watching starts over from the beginning as soon as I press the earphone button again to restart the private listening. It is driving me nuts. I did notice the app looks new, and so I’m guessing this is some sort of bug related to a new app version. Anyone able to verify this?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Mobile app keeps disconnecting from tv

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Liyahv @SwassLikeMe!

Thanks for letting us know about your issue with Roku Mobile. We want to investigate this issue further, especially your problem. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Could you elaborate more about the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?
  • When did the issue start?
  • Have you tried using a different phone to see if that will make any difference?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Liyahv
Reel Rookie

Re: Mobile app keeps disconnecting from tv

I've been experiencing a reoccurring issue for at least a year. It works fine for a while, then randomly disconnects for days. Just yesterday, it started acting up again, even though it was fine the day before.

I've tried restarting the TV, forgetting the device and reconnecting, and checking the TV settings to ensure it's set correctly for the mobile app. I also reset my Wi-Fi router and verified they’re on the same frequency. I used secondary phones and checked all settings in the Roku app on my phone. I even manually input the information to connect to the TV.

Despite all this, the app initially connects but then freezes after a few minutes. I have to close and reopen the app multiple times to reconnect.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.