Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RitaC8385
Channel Surfer

I don't want to connect to a device with my mobile app

Jump to solution

I have the mobile app on my phone. Sometimes I just want to watch on my phone but it only wants to act as a remote control for my roku devices. I already have remotes for those devices

How can I continue watching a show on my phone when it only wants to play on a device.

I got the mobile app so I could continue watching programs when I'm not home 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I don't want to connect to a device with my mobile app

Jump to solution

@RitaC8385 

I don't know why it just doesn't give the user this option anymore (or if it ever did, can't remember).

However, if you just select the Roku Channel tab (rather than the Home Tab) and search for something you were watching previously on your device in the Search bar, then you should be presented an option to "Resume" on your mobile device.  (I believe this is limited to content on Roku Channel and some limited Premium subscriptions).

Click on image to enlarge.

MobileApp_Rita.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@RitaC8385 

I don't know why it just doesn't give the user this option anymore (or if it ever did, can't remember).

However, if you just select the Roku Channel tab (rather than the Home Tab) and search for something you were watching previously on your device in the Search bar, then you should be presented an option to "Resume" on your mobile device.  (I believe this is limited to content on Roku Channel and some limited Premium subscriptions).

Click on image to enlarge.

MobileApp_Rita.png

RitaC8385
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you so much Gunnar! Apparently the app changed and you hit on the solution.  Now I know to go to Roku Channel on my phone to continue watching.

Thank you again.

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@RitaC8385 

I just took another look at the mobile app on my Android and missed that there is a little options menu (3 verticals dots) under the "Continue Watching" section while on the Home tab.  If you select these 3 little dots, another menu should appear that allows you to view details, watch on mobile, share, and remove from continue watching.

So, apparently, two different ways to continue watching content on your mobile device.

Click on images to enlarge.

MobileApp_Rita2.png MobileApp_Rita3.png

0 Kudos