Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaSpur

How do I watch roku on my ipad

Jump to solution

I have the mobile app but I can not view on my I pad, only on my tv. This sucks when I’m traveling. Is this allowed or not allowed, To watch Roku on my iPad?

roku realy does not want to answer any questions. I have searched. My problem was not listed. I have put a label “ the Roko channel on mobile”. it, says tap and associated product. It won’t let me type anything
I don’t think it’s gonna let me ask my question

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I watch roku on my ipad

Jump to solution

@GaSpur-

The Roku remote app was developed as an alternate remote control option for your Roku device, usable when it is connected to the same local network as your Roku.  It does not turn your phone or tablet into a full fledged Roku device, and was never intended to.  With the exception of The Roku Channel, you cannot view Roku content on the Roku remote app.

Most of the content available via Roku is owned by other entities, and is licensed to Roku for streaming to Roku devices, not to phones or other non-Roku devices.

Roku does have the right to stream its own The Roku Channel to non-Roku devices.  In additional to being viewed on Roku devices, The Roku Channel can be viewed on therokuchannel.roku.com via web browsers, on dedicated apps for several other streaming platforms and some smart TVs.  The Roku Channel also can be streamed on the Roku app directly over the internet even when not connected to your Roku via your home network.  Viewing on non-Roku hardware options will not include content for premium subscriptions you may have through Roku and view on a Roku though, as the rights to content not owned by Roku generally only extend to viewing via Roku devices. 

To view The Roku Channel on the Roku mobile app, scroll the opening screen down to find The Roku Channel section and click the Browse link to see available content.  When you click on a program to watch, one of the options you are presented is "Watch now on mobile" to view it on your phone or tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I watch roku on my ipad

Jump to solution

@GaSpur-

The Roku remote app was developed as an alternate remote control option for your Roku device, usable when it is connected to the same local network as your Roku.  It does not turn your phone or tablet into a full fledged Roku device, and was never intended to.  With the exception of The Roku Channel, you cannot view Roku content on the Roku remote app.

Most of the content available via Roku is owned by other entities, and is licensed to Roku for streaming to Roku devices, not to phones or other non-Roku devices.

Roku does have the right to stream its own The Roku Channel to non-Roku devices.  In additional to being viewed on Roku devices, The Roku Channel can be viewed on therokuchannel.roku.com via web browsers, on dedicated apps for several other streaming platforms and some smart TVs.  The Roku Channel also can be streamed on the Roku app directly over the internet even when not connected to your Roku via your home network.  Viewing on non-Roku hardware options will not include content for premium subscriptions you may have through Roku and view on a Roku though, as the rights to content not owned by Roku generally only extend to viewing via Roku devices. 

To view The Roku Channel on the Roku mobile app, scroll the opening screen down to find The Roku Channel section and click the Browse link to see available content.  When you click on a program to watch, one of the options you are presented is "Watch now on mobile" to view it on your phone or tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.