Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ripleyfin

How do I connect the remote on my phone to my tv if my tv isn’t connected to the Wi-Fi?

Jump to solution

My onn Roku tv isn’t connected to my Wi-Fi, and I only use the Roku app to control my tv. Every time I try to connect the remote to my tv, it says it needs to be connected to the internet, but I can’t connect my tv to the internet if I can’t use the remote. I have no idea where my physical remote for my tv is, my tv is basically unusable now. Is there any way I can connect my remote without buying a new one? Please let me know, thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I connect the remote on my phone to my tv if my tv isn’t connected to the Wi-Fi?

Jump to solution

Hi @ripleyfin,

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble connecting your Roku app to your Roku device since the device isn't yet connected to the network connection.

Please be aware that connecting your phone to your TV without WiFi is not feasible. You will need a Roku remote to connect your TV to WiFi to establish a connection. Once connected, you can connect your phone to the same network to complete the process.

You can purchase a compatible replacement remote for your Roku device from the Roku website or a third-party retailer.

For future reference, visit our Support article about connecting the Roku mobile app to your Roku device over WiFi.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional information to share with us, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I connect the remote on my phone to my tv if my tv isn’t connected to the Wi-Fi?

Jump to solution

Hi @ripleyfin,

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble connecting your Roku app to your Roku device since the device isn't yet connected to the network connection.

Please be aware that connecting your phone to your TV without WiFi is not feasible. You will need a Roku remote to connect your TV to WiFi to establish a connection. Once connected, you can connect your phone to the same network to complete the process.

You can purchase a compatible replacement remote for your Roku device from the Roku website or a third-party retailer.

For future reference, visit our Support article about connecting the Roku mobile app to your Roku device over WiFi.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional information to share with us, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.